Rev. Rememberance Chamberlain, the ﬁrst minister, is buried in Jackson. Upon his death in I856, his body was returned to Jackson and buried near his former home, across 3rd street from the Methodist Church. In the 1890s his remains were re-interred in the Jackson Cemetery.
From 1897-1898 the Carmichael House, the Butts County Courthouse and the Jackson Presbyterian Church were built. All three buildings were designed by the prestigious Atlanta architectural firm of Bruce and Morgan.
The Courthouse square was not paved until 1928.
Oak Street in front of the church was paved in 1929.
From about 1850 to 1900 the May ’s Opera House located at the corner of 3rd and Holly, provided amusement and entertainment. The Vendome Theater began showing motion pictures in the Watkin ‘s building on the East side of the square.
In the late 1800’s Jackson and its surrounding areas were economically tied to the cotton industry. In 1892 the boll weevil first appeared in Texas and spread throughout the Southeast, wreaking havoc on cotton crops and the economy. In 1892 the Fellowship Church had a bustling membership of 120 members, but was later reduced to only twenty-five members, due to the devastating effects of crop loss.
In 1914 a streetcar ran from the Southern Railway Depot to near Courthouse Square.
In the Spring of 2017 one of the church’s original pianos was returned the Jackson Presbyterian Church Sanctuary. The “GRAND OLD LADY” is an 1860 first edition of George Steck’s Victorian Square Grand Piano, and is made of Brazilian Rosewood.